Some Thoughts for Job Seekers…
7 simple steps to create a decent resume:
1. Decide on your target job (aka a “job objective”). Using an actual job title is best.
2. Research what skills and experience employers are looking for in regards to this target job.
3. List of your top several strongest skills that makes you the perfect candidate for this job.
4. For each of these top skills think of several achievements from your previous work that demonstrate that skill. Then describe these achievements in simple, powerful, action statements with an emphasize on the beneficial results.
5. List your jobs in reverse chronological order.
6. List your related education and training.
7. Summarize key points at the top of your resume.